by admin admin

According to the HSE, an Essex school has been fined after poorly-planned and managed refurbishment and maintenance activities exposed school staff and others to asbestos.

Chelmsford Crown Court heard that managers at The Boswells School, Chelmsford, decided to convert an old boiler room at the school into a cleaning store. During the course of this work, asbestos residue on the walls was disturbed and caretakers swept contaminated debris from floors. Their exposure to risk only came to light after a later asbestos survey was completed in the area.

By seeking advice from Allium, our clients can be assured that they will remain compliant and on the correct side of the law.