Allium has been awarded the Constructionline Accreditation; this has been presented following independent verification of our health, safety and environmental processes. The Constructionline Accreditation brings piece of mind to supply chain managers that we can be trusted to work in compliance with all relevant UK legislation.
As part of the strategic growth of Allium Environmental Ltd, we are currently recruiting asbestos surveyors to cover the South West and Southern areas to work within our expanding surveying team.
According to the HSE, an Essex school has been fined after poorly-planned and managed refurbishment and maintenance activities exposed school staff and others to asbestos.
Chelmsford Crown Court heard that managers at The Boswells School, Chelmsford, decided to convert an old boiler room at the school into a cleaning store. During the course of this work, asbestos residue on the walls was disturbed and caretakers swept contaminated debris from floors. Their exposure to risk only came to light after a later asbestos survey was completed in the area.
By seeking advice from Allium, our clients can be assured that they will remain compliant and on the correct side of the law.
Allium is proud to announce the granting of CHAS accreditation.
Participating in the CHAS scheme helps both suppliers and buyers.
- Suppliers show compliance with important parts of health and safety law (the core criteria described in the CDM regulations).
- On achieving compliance a supplier is approved to work for all of CHAS’ buyers.
- Inconsistencies are reduced where some suppliers may be judged compliant by one buyer but not another.
- CHAS gives guidance on any weaknesses in a supplier’s safety management, including how they can improve.
- Being a CHAS supplier or buyer saves both time and resources