Non-licensed including NNLW (Category B)
This level of the course aims to train those who knowingly will be working with asbestos containing materials where that work is not classified as “licensable work with asbestos” as defined by CAR 2012. Typically referred to as non-licensable or notifiable non-licensable (NNLW) work as detailed in HSE Guidance Asbestos Essentials a0.
e.g. cement, gaskets
This course is tailored for specific industries working on the fabric of buildings such as demolition workers, property maintenance, Mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, Painters and decorators, joiners, roofers, plasterers, gas engineers, shop fitters, architects, surveyors, and construction workers.
- To provide delegates with theoretical and practical skills to undertake non-licensed works with ACM’s as defined in HSG210.
- Be familiar with non-licensed works.
- Understand control measures required to undertake non-licensed works.
- How to undertake tasks in accordance with HSG 210.
- How to deal with hazardous waste.
- Personal protective equipment, Respiratory protective equipment.
- How to decontaminate after working with non-licensed materials.
- Understanding legislation, regulations and guidance documents.