As part of the continued growth of our UKAS accredited Asbestos Consultancy we are seeking candidates to fill the role of Asbestos Surveyor/Analyst. The position will be based in and around the West Midland’s area but working throughout the Midlands and beyond, reporting to the Operations Manager in our Yorkshire branch.
Allium’s mission is to provide a trusted, approachable and professional asbestos consultancy that is progressive whilst maintaining the highest level of quality and integrity.
- A minimum of 2 years’ previous experience of working within an UKAS accredited asbestos consultancy is essential.
- You must be competent in undertaking all types of asbestos surveys (Management, Refurbishment and Demolition) including commercial, industrial and domestic.
- You must be competent completing asbestos air monitoring and 4-stage clearances independently, and capable of undertaking the duties of a clearance analyst within a UKAS accredited organisation.
- Working on a variety and diverse range of locations and sites; including high profile projects for regional, national and international clients. The role supports a highly reactive team you’ll be proactive, reliable, and adaptable and be able to re-prioritise with ease with a ‘can do’ attitude; team work is essential and your ability to be flexible and ‘get stuck in’ will allow you to thrive in this position.
- You must be enthusiastic, dedicated and hardworking with excellent attention to detail. Verbal and written communication skills are essential along with excellent time management skills and following tasks through to completion.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a larger team is crucial to this role. Being fully IT literate and holding a full clean UK driving license is a must.
- This is a technical, physical, hands on role which will require you to physically and visually inspect a variety of sites and buildings, capturing building construction and material data along with drawing electronic site plans
The role holder should effectively deliver these key requirements
|Core Responsibilities||· Sampling and Surveying for asbestos in buildings (Management and Refurbishment/Demolition) on domestic, commercial and industrial properties to in-house procedures based upon HSG264.
· Carry out air monitoring, including Carry out 4 stage clearance/certificate of reoccupation, smoke, background, leak reassurance, visual, re-occupation and personal air testing, in accordance with in-house procedures based upon HSG 248.
· Data collection and reporting using the asbestos software ‘Alpha Tracker’ (training will be given if only experience of other similar software).
· Re-inspection of asbestos materials in buildings.
· Liaising with clients, contractors and project managers.
· Completing method statements and risk assessments.
· Proficient user of IT including all MS Office functionality.
· Working on own initiative and also as part of a team.
· Excellent understanding of Health and Safety procedures.
· Compliance with all relevant legislation and adhering to all UKAS requirements.
|Personal Responsibilities||· To maintain a presentable standard of dress as required by any person representing the company. Professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
· Maintain company vehicle and equipment.
· Adhering to all company policies and procedures
|· In addition to these typical duties, may perform other duties as assigned and required.|
|Education and Qualifications||· The successful candidate must possess the P402, P403 and P404 qualification.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the industry
· P405/CCP (desirable but not essential)
· Health and Safety qualifications (desirable but not essential)
· Project Management qualifications (desirable but not essential)
· A full clean driver’s licence is essential
|Hours & Salary||· Working a flexible 40 hour week but also being able to cope with periods of high demand and out of hours working (evenings and weekends) and working away from home if required.
· Starting from £26,000 – £30,000, depending upon previous experience and knowledge.
|Annual Leave||· 20 days plus bank holidays|
|Rewards||· Fully expensed company vehicle
· Working away from home bonus
· In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a remuneration package, including contributory pension (TBC) and bi-annual profit share bonus. You’ll also benefit from working with a great team with fantastic training and development opportunities, with support to achieve your career goals.
Allium is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.