Allium is an experienced team of specialists dedicated to making spaces safer through the effective control of environmental hazards. We are passionate about reducing the risk of exposure to asbestos whether at work or at home.
As an organisation we pride ourselves on the service we provide to our clients and the close knit team we have here at Allium and the working environment we have created. We have grown organically providing our services throughout the UK and Internationally when required.
Overview of the job:
Allium are looking for a business development assistant to provide support to the development team to ensure timely and consistent delivery of business development activities.
The position requires a high degree of organization with the ability to engage with colleagues across departments and at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership, to support business development systems, processes, and pursuits. The Assistant is responsible for maintaining the customer relationship management database, preparing related reports, developing/maintaining content.
This is an ideal opportunity for an entry level person to learn the asbestos industry and gain knowledge regarding all areas of business development processes.
The job will be based within our head office on the outskirts of Truro.
Essential Job Functions:
· Conduct daily and weekly monitoring of business opportunities, using online database to identify potential business leads.
· Ensure that the database and pipeline of opportunities are reviewed regularly, and that new information and notifications are updated
· Assist in the company’s tendering activity, including identifying tender opportunities and preparing / reviewing submissions.
· Contacting existing and prospective clients regarding opportunities.
· Monitor database with the view to arrange annual re-inspections with existing clients.
· Track the success of sales leads and following up unsuccessful proposals to determine future improvements
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Ability to work independently and flexibly with a strong use of initiative
· Skilled in the use of IT
· Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
· Have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion and desire to get past ‘gate keepers.’
At least 12 months experience in sales / marketing / business development role OR Degree in a business related discipline.
- 20 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Additional day of on your birthday (or the next available date)
- PerkBox Rewards
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Option to join the Allium pension scheme
- Option to join the Allium private health care scheme
- In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a remuneration package, including contributory pension and bi-annual profit share bonus. You’ll also benefit from working with a great team with fantastic training and development opportunities, with support to achieve your career goals.
Allium is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£22,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday